perl and ports

Adam Smith adam at internode.com.au
Wed Jan 26 05:36:42 PST 2005

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 11:59:54PM +0100, Gert Cuykens said:

> I am not a developer so i can not think for them i can only ask
> questions. I would not even ask them if the application itself would
> use it. Then i would accept it as part of a furniture.
>
> PS if you buy a new television do you still want the robotic arm of
> the factory standing next to it in your living room ?

If you compile from the ports then the television factory is also your
living room.

If you don't want to install the tools required to build the ports
themselves, then install your software from packages.  That way all the
building been done for you, and all the tools required to do that building
have been "left at the factory."

The choice is yours.

--
Adam Smith