Free BSD 5.0

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Tue Jan 25 05:51:09 PST 2005

On 2005-01-24 14:04, Tiffany Miller <tiffanyisherek at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have a server operating systems class here at OSU-Okmulgee, and we
> are trying to install the Apache web server 2.0, but are unable to
> do so with the CD that came with our book or throught the port.
>
> cd /usr/ports/www/apache2 and make install do not work.
> It results with: error 1

Make sure your ports tree is up to date (see the Handbook for
instructions about this) and then try again.

If apache2 fails to install, show us the exact commands you used and
the exact error message you are seeing.  An easy way to do this is to
run script(1) before installing apache2 and saving the typescript of
the entire session to a file:

% orion# script /tmp/apache2.log
% Script started, output file is /tmp/apache2.log
% orion# cd /usr/ports/www/apache2
% orion# make install
%
% [ many lines snipped ]
%
% orion# exit
% exit
%
% Script done, output file is /tmp/apache2.log
% orion#