PostgreSQL TCP sockets access?

SigmaX scottclansman at cwazy.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 20:22:01 PST 2005

Hey;
I have a fairly fresh installation of FreeBSD 5.3 running PostGreSQL.  I
enabled TCP socket connection in the
/usr/local/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf file ("tcpip_socket = true"), and
allowed all hosts in pg_hba.conf ("host all all 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
trust")... but I still get a "connection refused" error when trying to
access the server.
       Any help?
           SigmaX

--
Registered Linux Freak #: 366,862

"My ISP won't talk to me after lodging a support call for helping gettting ADSL hooked up to a WinXP install running under VMWare under Linux on my XBox."
	'Anonymous Coward,' in a post on slashdot.org

"For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully commited to him."
	2 Chronicles 16:9a