amsn

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Mon Jan 24 14:04:09 PST 2005

Amsn states it needs port 1863 for chats and port 6891 for
filetransfers.

Using ipf and being quit new to it), does that mean I do this both ways
(in/out) like:

## outgoing

# Allow out msn messenger chatting and filetransfers
pass out quick on rl0 proto tcp from any to any port = 1863 flags S keep
state
pass out quick on rl0 proto tcp from any to any port = 6891 flags S keep
state

## incoming
# Allow in msn messenger chatting and filetransfers
pass in quick on rl0 proto tcp from any to any port = 1863 flags S keep
state
pass in quick on rl0 proto tcp from any to any port = 6891 flags S keep
state

Or get I drop the incoming rules?

ps: I like to test it, but don't know how to RESET ipf after making some
changes to the rules. I do know how to restart ipnat (-CF -f filename),
but what's the solution for ipf ??

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.10 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)