Dual booting w/ two disks

FreeBsdBeni freebsdbeni at spymac.com
Mon Jan 24 12:01:58 PST 2005

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 01:27:45 -0800, gabriel <normal1.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm trying to dual boot FreeBSD and Windows XP with two different
> > disks, I have manged to get FreeBSD running and installed the boot
> > manager and grub on it.
> >
> > When I boot into windows, I get some sort of boot loader error and it
> > halts.
> >
> > Here's my menu.lst:

I have Grub booting just from 1 disk, not 2, but with 4 different partitions.
Here's my menu.lst as installed by Suse 9.2. I just moved the FreeBSD lines up
to the first place ;-). The lines to boot FreeBSD from the Linux Grub version
I found with a "info grub" under Suse. There is a chapter on booting other
OS'es. But it boots Windows XP, FreeBSD and Suse without any problem here.

color white/blue black/light-gray
default 0
timeout 8
gfxmenu (hd0,2)/boot/message

###Added by Beni ###
title FreeBSD
    root (hd0,a)
    kernel /boot/loader
    boot

###Don't change this comment - YaST2 identifier: Original name: linux###
title SUSE LINUX 9.2
    kernel (hd0,2)/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda3 vga=0x31a selinux=0
splash=verbose resume=/dev/hda6 desktop elevator=as showopts
    initrd (hd0,2)/boot/initrd

###Don't change this comment - YaST2 identifier: Original name: windows###
title Windows XP
    root (hd0,0)
    chainloader +1

###Don't change this comment - YaST2 identifier: Original name: floppy###
title Diskette
    root (fd0)
    chainloader +1

###Don't change this comment - YaST2 identifier: Original name: failsafe###
title Failsafe -- SUSE LINUX 9.2
    kernel (hd0,2)/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda3 showopts ide=nodma apm=off
acpi=off vga=normal noresume selinux=0 barrier=off nosmp noapic maxcpus=0  3
    initrd (hd0,2)/boot/initrd

--
FreeBsdBeni.