samba printing

Murray Taylor mtaylor at bytecraft.com.au
Sun Jan 23 22:13:06 PST 2005

Hmm - I use
   printing = lprng

and my standard lp setup that all unix programs use

on the windows box is can see \\unixhost\lp as an available printer
so I just added it using the wizard on winblows...
To avoid windows sending printer binary codes I chose a printer
type of Postscript.

It Just Works (tm)

I suspect that lpr would work also - I think the real trick
is to sidestep the windows print-ripping actions and let

The Printer Print (tm)

BTW I ma using a HP 5MP on a parallel port of the FBSD boxen.
The 5MP has the postscript engine inboard.

mjt

--
Murray Taylor
Special Projects Engineer
E: murraytaylor at bytecraftsystems.com
or visit us on the web
http://www.bytecraftsystems.com
http://www.bytecraftentertainment.com

The information transmitted in this e-mail is for the exclusive
use of the intended addressee and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission,
dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of any action
in reliance upon this information by persons and/or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please inform the sender and/or
addressee immediately and delete the material.

E-mails may not be secure, may contain computer viruses and
may be corrupted in transmission. Please carefully check this
e-mail (and any attachment) accordingly. No warranties are
given and no liability is accepted for any loss or damage
caused by such matters.