What Port Installs /usr/local/lib/libiconv.la?

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Fri Jan 21 22:12:58 PST 2005

On 1/21/2005 5:55 PM Kris Kennaway wrote:

>On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 02:03:12PM -0800, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
>

>>I'm attempting to upgrade the libiconv port from 1.9.1 to 1.9.2 but keep
>>getting this error:
>>
>>libtool15: link: cannot find the library `/usr/local/lib/libiconv.la'
>>
>>A 'ls' of /usr/local/lib confirms this file doesn't exist.  What port
>>should I install to get this file?  Seems like it is part of this port,
>>as I see several references to it in the build output.  However I don't
>>see any error regarding it other than the one above.  My complete build
>>output can be viewed here:
>>
>>http://drew.mykitchentable.net/libiconv.log
>>

>I'd guess something is wrong with your libtool installation.  Try
>reinstalling the libtool15 port.
>
>Kris

I thought that too.  Prior to posting, I had libtool13, 14, and 15
installed.  I removed all of them and then installed 15 from ports.  Yet
the error persists.  It is interesting that I could install libiconv
from packages without error.  But even after that, I still did not have
/usr/local/lib/libiconv.la.  Also after installing libiconv from a
package, 'portupgrade -f libiconv' ends with the error I described above.

Thanks,

Drew