Which Way to Partition.

stheg olloydson stheg_olloydson at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 21:27:52 PST 2005

it was said:

>I am new to FreeBSD, and have only used Linux for less than
>a year.

>I have read the "Handbook", also "FreeBSD An open-source
>system for your personal computer", they both suggest that I
>do a standard >installation, whereas in "The Complete
>FreeBSD" by Greg Lehey, his suggestion is to do the custom
>installation.
>Any suggestions as to which way to go.?
>
>Peter
>
>"Peace is never more than one thought away"
>
>GNU/Linux
>Freedom
>http://libranet.com
>http://www.fsf.org

Hello,

This is a bikeshed question, i.e. everyone is expert enough to have an
opinion. As such this has been discussed numerous times on this list.
search the archives and pick whatever theory seems reasonable for your
use.
BTW, having "GNU/Linux -> Freedom" in your sig file when posting to a
*BSD list is a bit of a _faux pas_, wouldn't you agree? (You do know
that *BSD isn't Linux, don't you?)

HTH,

stheg