[INFO]Nvidia Driver information

Rod Person personrp at hotpop.com
Thu Jan 20 12:53:26 PST 2005

For the people with nvidia graphic cards some information on somethings that I
have noticed.

I have a Elsa Gloria II which is based on the RIVA/TNT II chip set by Nvidia.
The Nvidia driver works fine for me except in the following conditions.

1) I had a PCI usb card that I placed in the machine. The card has a OPTi chip
set. For some reason this cause the Nvidia driver to lock up the machine.
When I swithced to the Xorg driver no lock ups. I removed the card and
switched back to the Nvidia driver and everything was fine.

2) This one I have found no work around or even have a clue as to why it does
it, but if I use the line In on my sound card to transfer music from tape to
cd it locks up. I don't even need to try anything other that pluging in the
line in?? My machine is an HP Visualize X-Class PIII with  sound on board. I
use the css driver, I believe that is Crystal.

I'm just passing this along in that it my help some one figure out why the
driver works for some and not for others.

--
Rod