OpenOffice doesn't seem to want to accept spanish key mapings

José de Paula espinafre at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 09:34:21 PST 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 08:38:11 -0600, eculp <eculp at prodigy.net.mx> wrote:
> OpenOffice doesn't seem to want to accept spanish key mappings.  I can't get openoffice to accept dead key mappings that are used to create accents.
>
> Could someone who is using spanish, french, italian, portuguese give me a hint as to what they do?  Every other program that I use does.
>
> Thanks,
>
> ed
>
> This is current with openoffice 1.1.4 both es and english versions.

I have a config much like yours (except my OO is english only), and I
set my keyboard map to Brazilian (I'm Brazilian and my first language
is Portuguese), the dead keys work flawlessly. The enviroment I use is
KDE, and I don't use its keyboard mapping feature. The relevant
section of my xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Keyboard1"
    Driver      "keyboard"
    Option "AutoRepeat" "200 30"
    Option "XkbRules"   "xfree86"
    Option "XkbModel"   "abnt2"
    Option "XkbLayout"  "br"
EndSection

My .login_conf is also properly configured for the Brazilian charset
(iso-8859-1), as follows:

me:\
        :charset=iso-8859-1:\
        :lang=pt_BR.ISO8859-1:\
        :lc_all=pt_BR.ISO8859-1:\
        :lc_ctype=pt_BR.ISO8859-1:\
        :lc_messages=pt_BR.ISO8859-1:\
        :lc_collate=pt_BR.ISO8859-1:\
        :lc_monetary=pt_BR.ISO8859-1:\
        :lc_numeric=pt_BR.ISO8859-1:\
        :lc_time=pt_BR.ISO8859-1:\
        charset=latin1:

Hope this sheds some light upon your problem