Connection via proxy

Hexren me at hexren.net
Thu Jan 20 08:53:48 PST 2005

MM> Unfortunately, I was still not able to ping the proxy
MM> server. I tried pinging by using the name of the
MM> server as well as the IP address but neither were
MM> successful. Are there any preliminary configurations
MM> that should be done prior to connecting to a proxy
MM> server or is it simply a matter of connecting the cat
MM> 5 cable to the switch, adding the DNS server addresses
MM> to /etc/resolv.conf, and configuring the web browser
MM> to access the internet?

I seems that your network is not properbly configured.
Have you verified that the interface you wish to use is up and has a
valid IP adress. Is the proxy in "your" subnet or do you need to use a
gateway to reach it ?

Hexren

maybe consider posting your replies under the original message as that
will make it so much easier to read the full message ;)