Mouse in X w/ 5.3

scottclansman at cwazy.co.uk scottclansman at cwazy.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 22:55:19 PST 2005

Yo;
Linux user here that just installed FreeBSD 5.3 on an old 566MHz Celeron
system.  With my relatively small *NIX experience (Windows/Mac user until not
to long ago) I've been able to feel quite at home with FreeBSD.  X configured
itself all but perfectly (More than I can say for the various Linux distros
I've tried... they don't like my monitor it seems), and I feel right at home
on KDE.   I installed FreeBSD on a testbed server here, and may soon be
switching my Mandrake Linux 9.2 server to FreeBSD (Either that or Debian...
depends on how well I can get things like XSP to work)

Anyway, to buisness.  It seems that I'm using an invalid mouse driver or
something with X, because when I move the mouse it keeps jumping to the left
side of the screen.  Very annoying.
While I'm at it... would there be a package management tool similar to
ipkg/rpmi/apt-get/yum or whatever? I assume so.. but what is it called?
       Thanx,
           SigmaX