with openoffice-1.1-es, I can't spell check or type accents

edwinculp edwinculp at prodigy.net.mx
Wed Jan 19 06:56:47 PST 2005

This is really strange.  I'm using up to date current, kernel, ports, mergemaster, etc. and I updated openoffice a few days ago.  I almost never use it but decided to test it and typed a few words in Spanish and found that the dead keys weren't working to type letters with accents [ á é í ó ú ] so I thought no problem spell check will take care of it.  Surprise, the spanish spell check doesn't work either.

I must be doing something really dumb because aspell spanish spell check works in everything else such as gaim, netscape composer, etc.  I'm using everything in kde in spanish, with everything configured with spanish as the primary language.

Time for the dunce cap ;) could someone give me a hint as to what I have or haven't done?

Thanks,

ed