X11 Monitor Database?

John john at starfire.mn.org
Wed Jan 19 06:18:58 PST 2005

OK, I've been having a good time installing X.org on laptops, now
I've got around to a workstation with a "traditional" monitor.  I was
spoiled in the past by being able to browse a database of known monitors,
where I pretty much always found what I needed.  There is no
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/Monitors with X.org. :(

I've looked at the handbook, tried to find information on both
X.org and Xfree86.org (a monitor for one in a monitor for the other),
but have not had any luck.  Am I just missing it?  I've also done some
web searches, but they keep returning stuff about designing a monitor
database. :)  Not quite what I meant.
--

John Lind
john at starfire.MN.ORG