Mrs. Butterworth vs Vermont Maid

Duo duo at digitalarcadia.net
Tue Jan 18 17:02:00 PST 2005

I know it's very hard to understand this troll, and its motives, given its
propensity to verbally masturbate itself into a frothing frenzy. Allow me
to translate:

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 Freebsd0101 at aol.com whined thusly:

> And this coming from a guy who thinks he's so smart that hes spamming
> some poor tax attorney who likely never has heard of FreeBSD? What a
> turd you are Mrs.  Butterworth. But I find your confidence in your
> stupidity quite entertaining!

[translator ON]: I can't really address anything anyone has had to say to
me about my behavior. Therefore, I shall now attempt to create an
appearance of impropriety upon you, in an attempt to sidetrack the
discussion away from what is relevant. For my next trick, I may even
attempt a dictionary or spelling flame.
[TL:OFF]

> Actually, Thad, I've stated my case, and got the president of the FreeBSD
> foundation to publically admit that I'm right about 5.x performance. I've
> only "insulted" people who insulted me or my claims first.
> I'm sure that a lot of people considering 5.x won't waste their time with it
> now, which is much more of a "service" than you have ever provided.

[TL:ON] I think am right about one thing, in a whole slew of other things
I am wrong about. Therefore, because I lack a clue, I have to assume this means
I am right about everything I say. If I said it, I guess it must be true!

Furthermore, I just have to say, because I am obviously right, I expect
each and everyone of you to bow before my astounding powers of logic in
this regard, and if you dont, well, I am more right than you are, so that
makes you a moron.

[TL:OFF]

> What you list jockeys don't "get" is that just because you don't care
> about an issue doesn't mean that its not an important issue to a lot
> of other people; people who don't spend their time flaming people about
> issues they don't know the first thing about just for the sake of doing
> it.

[TL:ON]
What you don't get is, I want what I want, right now, and if I
don't get it, I am going to whine like a baby who has a soiled diaper, and
just got fed mashed potatoes with a slingshot. My problem supercedes all
other things that the FBSD team is working on together as a whole, I am
impatient, and have little or no concern for the project as a whole. My
problem is more important than any of you, and, in this regard I have
tunnel vision.

As a result, it is I who will jockey this list, and drop little troll
bombs in, every now and then, to see if anyone is silly enough to bite. I
really have nothing better to do, as I refuse to help the situation in any
fashion. I steadfastly refuse to help whatsoever, other than to spread FUD
at every oppertunity I get.

Please hold me.
[TL:OFF]

> And from where do you "get" that I think FreeBSD is bad? FreeBSD 4.x
> is great. I just wish they'd support it instead of calling 5.x a production
> release before its even close to 4.x performance standards.

[TL: ON] I really just want to live in the past, ridicule a process I do
not like, because it dosent address my selfish needs right this minute. I
have little reason to care for the development process, nor do I care
anything about what the team as a whole is trying to accomlish. If it were
up to me, 5.x would never be called a production release, because, I can
always find something I am not happy with if I look hard enough. I already
am predisposed to preferring 4.x, and nothing you say will dissuade me
from this, as I lack objectivity, the ability to rationally discuss things
in a professional manner, and am unwilling, or unable to help. I really
need to have some dispense a cluepon to me in the worst way.

I also need to be placed in everyone's killfile. Because, if you do not, I
will continue to spread FUD, half truths, and generally be a pain in the
butt, because I just cannot stand the fact that my own *personal* problem
is not being addressed how I feel it should be.
[TL: OFF]

Folks, this guy really does lack social skills. If you look up any of his
threads, the boil down to the following themes:

1) FBSD 5.x is not as polished as 4.x (there are bumps and bruises in any
development process. Some of us work with them. Some of us give up,
FreeBSD 5.x is not a failure. Some of us love it, some of us tolerate it.
But the vast majority here at least try to *help* the situation, not
hinder it)
2) He dosent like the process by which FBSD is developed, or the process
by which choices are made and executed.
3) He is going to try to interject his tunnel vision, and his gripe on any
thread that might lend his petty arguments some kind of credibility.
4) He really is just pissed cause he can't have his way, right now. Rather
than help, he wishes to cause problems.

In closing, killfile this guy. He lowers the signal to noise ratio. That
does nothing but drive down the quality of the list.

--
Duo