moving a custom kernel to another machine ?

b1smooth at yahoo.com b1smooth at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 08:29:12 PST 2005

I have compiled a FreeBSD custom kernel for a pc98
arch laptop on my i686 box. I was wondering how I
could actually transfer the kernel to floppy so I can
load it into my laptop. I tried to copy the kernel
folder but it's full of symlinks and doesn't produce
an actual kernel for me. is there anyone here who has
experience with cross compiling kernels that can help
me? I already did make and make depend...of course I
can't install it on my i386 box because the
architecture is totally different.

How do I migrate the kernel ??