FreeBSD/i386 may panic under heavy load on SMP machines

J.D. Bronson jbronson at wixb.com
Mon Jan 17 11:31:56 PST 2005

At 01:08 PM 01/17/2005, you wrote:
> > The cvsup I am using is:
> >
> > *default host=cvsup8.us.FreeBSD.org
> > *default base=/var/db
> > *default prefix=/usr
> > *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5
> > *default delete use-rel-suffix
> > *default compress
> >

> > ..doesnt this track STABLE and if so, why didnt I get these updated files?
>
>You did, weeks ago.

Thats what I had thought. But the version numbers are much older than the
ones in the announcement.

Once I changed the tag from tag=RELENG_5 to tag=RELENG_5_3 then and only
then did I get the correct files.

Prior to that, I tried to delete /var/db/sup and then even /usr/src
and still I was not seeing the updated files.

I have no idea why, but I am glad that I have things working now.

--
J.D. Bronson
Aurora Health Care // Information Services // Milwaukee, WI USA