5.3 prob reading 4.11 hdd

Warren shinjii at virusinfo.rdksupportinc.com
Sun Jan 16 05:43:04 PST 2005

I recently took my primary hdd running FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE out of my main
machine leaving my 2ndry hdd in the machine and installing FreeBSD5.3-STABLE
on it to use as the new primary.  When everything was done and i plugged in
the 2nd hdd that priginally had 4.11-STABLE on it, i was unable to find the
individual partitions/slices on there to mount so i could access all the old
data i had.  I have a basic understanding of FreeBSD but am still not quite
proficent when it comes to this sort of thing.  Below is the dislabel output
of the drive im wanting to get all the data from..

# /dev/ad1s1c:
8 partitions:
#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
  c: 234436482       63    unused        0     0         # "raw" part, don't
edit
  e: 234436482       63    4.2BSD     2048 16384    89
partition c: partition extends past end of unit
disklabel: partition c doesn't start at 0!
disklabel: An incorrect partition c may cause problems for standard system
utilities
partition e: partition extends past end of unit

Any help in recovering the copius amounts of data would be greatly
appreciated.
--
Yours Sincerely
Shinjii