this IMAP stuff is kicking my @$$...

Eric F Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Fri Jan 14 21:04:27 PST 2005

On Jan 14, 2005, at 10:22 PM, Chuck Swiger wrote:

> Eric F Crist wrote:
>> Actually, I believe squirrelmail just depends on an imap server.  I
>> don't think it cares what (imap-uw is supported).  My issue resides
>> with the plain-text password issue.  As per instructions, I've
>> recompiled imap-uw to allow plain-text, or so I thought, and I still
>> get the errors.
>
> Did you also recompile the c-client library which UW-IMAP depends on
> with the ENABLE_PLAINTEXT_LOGINS_WHICHAMACALLIT_VARIABLE set?  :-)
>
> Also, I believe you can configure UW-IMAP to support Maildir format,
> as well, if that is your preference, or if squirrelmail would be
> happier.
>
> --
> -Chuck

I've now removed both imap-uw and cclient, and reinstalled with the
following command:

grog# env WITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT=YES make reinstall

This did mention in the process that I was 'installing with ssl but
also with plaintext passwords enabled, which doesn't conform to some
acronyms' protest'

any ideas?

TIA
Eric F Crist                  "I am so smart, S.M.R.T!"
Secure Computing Networks              -Homer J Simpson