Will my friend's computer work with FreeBSD?

Stephen L. Martin freequest at networkiv.com
Fri Jan 14 20:39:25 PST 2005

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 09:43:35PM -0600, Chris wrote:
>Hi,
>
>The computer of my friend has the following specs:
>
>Motherboard: Asus A7V8x-x, chipset VIA-KT400,
>	with onboard sound, LAN, ATA133, USB
>Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce4 MX440SE with TV-out
>Modem:         acorp-56K
>Printer:       OKI okipage 6w
>Scanner:       mustec1200CP
>
>So, what is supported and what is not supported by FreeBSD in his case?
>

>Thank you

I have an A7V880 and everything works fine, except the sound (even the
SATA RAID). There was a thread a while back on hackers on getting it to
work. I haven't tried it, because I don't need sound, but here's the
thread if you want to give it a shot:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2004-December/009639.html

I also have the MX440 SE running in dual head configuration and it works
fine.

-Stephen
--
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room." - Merkin Muffley