Cut and paste in Emacs

Kris Maglione bsdaemon at comcast.net
Fri Jan 14 11:01:28 PST 2005

I, personally, still don't completely understand the entire unix/X cut
buffer system. First, there is more than one cut buffer, but I doubt
that that's your problem. Second, there is select-to-copy and
select+right click.../ctrl+c/... to copy. These use two different
systems, which, like I said, I still don't understand and haven't been
able to figure out through research. Well, your problem likely has
something to do with the method that (x?)emacs uses to copy.

That's just about all that I can tell you. There might be options in
Xwin-32 to control how the cut/paste schemes work, but I've never used
it, so I couldn't tell you for sure.

I hope that this helps. Sorry I don't know more.