automake, autoconf compiling

Keith Bottner keith at barkinglizards.com
Thu Jan 13 14:55:13 PST 2005

All of the information both of your provided is helpful. I will have to
investigate further. Some of the information that Tom specified helped me to
track down the problem. Basically I have multiple versions of the tools
installed and there are two different directories with aclocal m4 files. If
I explicitly change the shell script to also include the other directory
then everything seems to continue on until compile time when there is a
header that cannot be found. It appears this header alloca.h is located in
/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/sort/alloca.h. I was just wondering if Giorgos method
would also alleviate these problems or if this is just par for the course
when using projects that people have not moved into the ports collection?

Keith