Cut and paste in Emacs

Jon Drews jon.drews at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 08:07:55 PST 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 21:24:49 +0700 (ICT), Olivier Nicole
<on at cs.ait.ac.th> wrote:
> When I select some text with the mouse in Emacs, i can copy it into
> another X window application, but I cannot copy it in a Win2K
> application.
>
> When I select some text in any other X Window application, I can copy
> it into Win2k, so the mechanism select in X, paste in w2k is working.

This may be similar to a problem in copying from Emacs and pasting
into Gnumeric. Any way try this:

1) In EMACS do:  M-x clipboard-kill-ring-save RET
2) Then highlight the text and save it (either withe mouse or by
C-SPACE, followed by ESC-w, at the end of the region to be copied.

See this e-mail:
Copying from EMACS to Gnumeric
http://www.silug.org/lists/silug-discuss/200407/msg00066.html