Hyperthreading hurts 5.3?

Olivier Nicole on at cs.ait.ac.th
Thu Jan 13 04:18:25 PST 2005

> Did it start up when you replaced the fan, or was it gone for good?

It was dead for good, well it is still dead as a matter of fact :)

> I thought all the boxed P4 processors came with their own fan, so there
> should never be a case in which a PC is sold with a P4 but no CPU fan.

So did I, so did I, but one sees strange things when buying a machine
from a cheap assembly shop (I was not the first buyer, I just got the
machine when it became unusable and then I was curious so I opened it,
what the first owner never did).

Olivier