Remote hardware identification

Andras Kende andras at kende.com
Wed Jan 12 19:16:59 PST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Tim Aslat
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 8:56 PM
To: freebsd-questions at FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: Remote hardware identification

Hi All,

I have a remote server which I inherited which I have no real
specifications for except the basic dmesg output.  This machine needs
more RAM and rather than buying 5 sticks of varying types for the job,
is there some way to identify the type of ram needed?  All I know is
that it's a P4 class machine with DDR ram, I'm just not sure of the
speed.  Or is it possible to mix'n'match the ram speeds?

Thinks in advance

Tim

--
Tim Aslat <tim at spyderweb.com.au>