FW: Vinum bootable RAID-1 setup help - RESOLVED

Faisal Ali faisal.ali at kwe.com
Wed Jan 12 14:14:41 PST 2005

Hello,

To follow-up on my initial question, Iam happy to inform that I have
bootable RAID-1 FreeBSD 5.3 i386 Release working using "gmirror" using
excellent documentation provided on

http://people.freebsd.org/~rse/mirror/

Thankyou for the heads-up in the Errata about GEOM related changes. Using
"gvinum" I got the system booted and working, but I just could'nt add second
drive and create a mirror, may be its because the vinum port to GEOM is not
complete yet.

Faisal