Trouble starting MySQL

Colin J. Raven colin at kenmore.kozy-kabin.nl
Wed Jan 12 08:36:36 PST 2005

On Jan 12 at 10:28, Eric F Crist said:

>> mysql-4.1.7
>> installed from ports
>> FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
>
> If you haven't changed your syslog.conf file, you should have a
> /var/log/all.log.  Take a look in there to see if you see anything related to
> mysql.

This is interesting.

No I didn't change syslog.conf in any way (don't
know enough to know what to change, nor why).

But, that said, there's *no* /var/log/all.log. It doesn't exist.

However, as you may see from another post I sent up a short time ago,
this is solved and all is well. Everything appears to be working as it
should.

I won't say; "is working" that's pushing things a bit, instead "appears
to be working" is much better!! :-)

As I said in the [SOLVED] [CLOSED] post, many MANY thanks for the help
during the course of this day. I've lost count of the number of people
who have jumped in and tried to get me up and running.

Regards,
-Colin
--
Colin J. Raven