Trouble starting MySQL

Colin J. Raven colin at kenmore.kozy-kabin.nl
Wed Jan 12 02:17:59 PST 2005

On Jan 12 at 09:35, Walker, Michael suggested:

> I installed MySQL from ports (mysql-4.1.7)
> then tried to start it. Nothing doing - wo way.
>
> Starting it from /usr/loca/etc/rc.d/mysql-server.sh nothing happens. No
> error message is emitted, but no running instance of mysql either.
>
> <snip>
>
> Read /usr/loca/etc/rc.d/mysql-server.sh you now have to start mysqld from
> your rc.conf file.

OK, I added the necessary stuff to /etc/rc.conf and attempted to start
mysql via the mysql-server.sh script. Nothing doing.

I rebooted the box, checked to see if mysql was running. It wasn't.

I attempted once more to start it from the script - Nothing.

OK, I'm back to where I started.

Ideas?