nvidia driver problem

craig craig.freebsd at online.de
Tue Jan 11 00:46:44 PST 2005

craig wrote:

first off, the colour depth issue is resolved. once restarted, x loads
the nvidia driver with the full 24bit colour depth.
thanks for that.

>>> (II) NVIDIA(0): Connected display device(s): CRT-1, DFP-0
>>> (WW) NVIDIA(0): Multiple displays connected, but only one display
>>> allowed;
>>> (WW) NVIDIA(0):      using first display
>> You have 2 monitors?  If so, I recommend the TwinView config.  It's
>> tricky, but works well.

> no, i dont - i have a single samsung syncmaster 213t - but it has both
> analog and digital cables, as does the graphics cards. so i plugged them
> both in.

this is where things are not perfect now. the nvidia drivers select the
first of the two cables, ie. analog. whereas i would like to to take the
digital.
i cannot quite explain it, but the analog view is not as 'crisp' as the
digital.
how can i specify to use the 'second' monitor?

> i'll help where i can - this is a very fresh install of 5.3, and onto an
> empty disk - so no upgrades or changes, just a straight install.
> and i can pretty much remember most of what i've done to get here - if
> it helps i can certainly note the steps. perhaps you could see something
> in the sequence?

gl seems to work fine - cracking render rates too!
so...how can i be sure out the linux compatibitily answer?

thanks,

craig at small-pla.net