sendmail problem - Helo command rejected: Host not found

Srot BULL pwd8jmr22w at me.point.ne.jp
Mon Jan 10 16:23:31 PST 2005

Again, thank you for the response,
Haaa, I love FreeBSD!

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 18:50 -0500, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> Srot BULL wrote:
> [ ... ]
> > If I am wrong, then can anyone...give me a simple explanation (simple
> > please - I know that I am asking too much, but I can assure you that I
> > have already bookmarked the sendmail Website and sendmail batbook is
> > already in my list of books that I am planning to purchase...not yet
> > though)
>
> The simple answer is that the name your machine claims to be isn't registered
> in the DNS, which is normal for dynamic connections.  You should either relay
> all email to the mailserver your ISP should have available, or you should
> configure your MTA to masquerade as a valid domain.
> The former is likely to better in terms of passing spam-sensitive mailers.
Can I configure my system's sendmail to the above suggestion that you
wrote? Or am I stuck to using Evolution/Thunderbird with an SMTP setting
and not sendmail as my smtp server? You know what, I once tried
following an article from the BSD Hack book that I have but because of
my poor knowledge in sendmail I could no longer received emails
then...So, I had to reinstall my system again...that was months
ago...Maybe I should try that one again and post it in the ML if I
encounter problems (I know I will)...
Again, is my system clock wrong or yours?
I thought I have mine as correct...

Once again thank you for the response and hoping for responses from you
in the future...

Srot BULL