Upgrade to Courier 4.0.1?

Tillman Hodgson tillman at seekingfire.com
Mon Jan 10 09:19:27 PST 2005

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 01:44:57PM -0000, Scott Bye wrote:
> I updated to this via ports, and the services appear to be running and
> listening for connections.
>
> However, if I connect to them, I get disconnected immediately, and
> nothing appears to be logged for any of the services.

I'm encountering the same thing:

$ telnet athena 110
Trying 192.168.23.3...
Connected to athena.seekingfire.prv (192.168.23.3).
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

$ telnet athena 143
Trying 192.168.23.3...
Connected to athena.seekingfire.prv (192.168.23.3).
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

I've just started digging into it, I'll post again if I run across
anything interesting.

-T

--
If you scramble about in search of inner peace, you will lose your inner
peace.