Freebsd 5.3 Performance

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jan 9 18:01:04 PST 2005

On Sunday,  9 January 2005 at 20:48:56 -0500, Tm4528 at aol.com wrote:
> Your "point" doesn't address the lack of support for major chipsets,
> so that users can utilitize the latest fast processors
> available. The point is that those using 4.x because of its
> performance advantages, cannot use it with the latest processors
> because the MBs don't work in 4.x. THAT is the problem.

I don't see any point, correct or otherwise.  From the weekly "how
to":

Before you answer a question to FreeBSD-questions, consider:

3.  Do you have something to contribute beyond what has already been
    said?

4.  Are you sure you understand the question?

5.  Are you sure your answer is correct?

6.  Unless there's a good reason to do otherwise, reply to the sender
    and to FreeBSD-questions.

7.  Include relevant text from the original message.

See http://www.lemis.com/questions.html for the original message,
which is much more detailed.

Greg