Supermicro Hardware and FreeBSD

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Fri Jan 7 22:42:22 PST 2005

I had a feeling something like this would have come out of your
trap, so I took the precaution of e-mailing the people yesterday
who had filed PR i386/72579 yesterday.

The results are available here:

The original author of the PR has not responded, and the one followup
author responded to my query saying that it was bad hardware, and
that his other 75xx-based SuperMicro board works fine.

Your friend Boris who was the OP on this thread has also slunk
away and hidden since he has not posted a followup to the
PR in question either.

> I posted exactly why 5.x is slower than 4.x,

If you know so much about it I suggest you open a new PR on the
topic so the development team can look into it.

Of course, to do this you have to actually OWN a system with one
of these chipsets, running FreeBSD 5.3.

We await your PR.

Ted