ATi and Xorg Troubles in FreeBSD 5.3

Joe Altman fj at panix.com
Fri Jan 7 21:56:12 PST 2005

Doug, Ronny...

I'm running 4.11 with xorg 6.8.1, built from source on December 28,
2004 using a Rage Mobility P/M AGP 2x on an IBM ThinkPad A20m. I have
a default depth of 24 bits, and a resolution of 1024x768. I am using
the ati driver.

Ronny: I see that the query is for 5.3, but I thought that perhaps my
experience would indicate that the ATI chip seems to work fine w/ the
most recent version of xorg; or rather, the source as it existed on
December 28th.

Doug: I remember that you and I encountered the same issue, back in
September or thereabouts, WRT the ATI chip? I'm happy to report what
is above: it seems to be safe to use the ati driver w/ the newest
source for xorg and the chip in question.

HTH, best regards,

Joe