IPFW and whois lookup

V Foulk kaosent at kewd.com
Fri Jan 7 18:36:42 PST 2005

Thanks for the reply,

# ipfw list
65535 allow ip from any to any

I did have more elaborate rule sets that worked great, with the
exception of the whois/hostname lookups.
I ran cvsup and installed world/kernel, using the same firewall rule
as above.

The problem seems to have stopped (as of this writing)
The OS is running on an old 500mhz machine, and only the RAM
is new. I had to replace the old 128MB card with a couple new ones, since
the
old card failed a memory check. Since this last recompile, all has been well
and I thank you again for your response.

VF