openoffice on 5.3-RELEASE

Duane Winner dwinner-lists at att.net
Fri Jan 7 12:37:20 PST 2005

Joshua Lokken wrote:

>>>portupgrade -a -x openoffice-1.1.3 ??
>>>

>>I must be losing it. I looked at the man page twice and didn't see that
>>-x switch. Must be Friday or something.
>>Thanks -- that does it.
>>
>>-DW
>>

>However, please note the response that mentions using
>HOLD_PKG in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf; that'll save
>you from having to use -x at all.

Oh yeah, this *is* definately better. Just tried it.
The first reason being is that it removes the chance of forgetting the
'-x' and walking away, but I was also delighted with this output:
---> Skipping 'editors/openoffice-1.1' because it is held by user
(specify -f to force)

Which makes it nice to remember it's still there, and when the port gets
fixed for 5.3, I'll be reminded to try again at some point.

Cheers,
DW