Webmail Frontend to mailboxes.

Colin J. Raven colin at kenmore.kozy-kabin.nl
Fri Jan 7 01:00:20 PST 2005

On Jan 6 at 21:41, Ted Mittelstaedt launched this into the bitstream:

> Use IMP.  Of course, some people pooh-pooh it saying it's hard
> to setup.  However, IMP is one of those programs that is worth
> the effort, as if you install the entire suite of programs you
> have a very powerful front end mail system.
>
> IMP is what we use and if you want my notes from the last installation
> your welcome to them.

Like others, I'd heard of the installation difficulties you made
reference to. I'm at something of a crossroads moment right now as it
relates to webmail, so this thread is well timed. I *was* gonna simply
install Squirrelmail since I know it and use it elsewhere. Now perhaps
is the time to look at an alternative. I'd welcome your IMP installation
notes!

I *gather* (not in front of a FreeBSD box at this moment) that IMP is
*not* in ports, otherwise (surely) installation wouldn't be *that*
complex? Configging maybe, but install-wise ports 'apps just; "slide
right in there" - usually :-)

/me is keenly anticipating install notes!! Thanks for that Ted!

Regards,
-Colin