Recommended Mail Transfer Agent

Jay Moore jaymo at cromagnon.cullmail.com
Thu Jan 6 23:10:14 PST 2005

On Sunday 02 January 2005 02:59 pm, Sergei Gnezdov wrote:

> > Configuration is pretty easy with the m4 macros, and sendmail still
> > amounts to something of a de-facto standard.
>
> I am not saying senmail is bad.  In fact, I have no plans to get rid of
> it.  I just want to know where to find the information about sendmail
> when I need it.
>
> Where do I go to learn about sendmail configuration?
> Any HOWTO <do something standard> instructions?
> Where do I send newbie questions to?

In addition to the excellent advice already offered, I'll add the following:

The "sendmail Cookbook" is a valuable addition to the sendmail book.
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/sendmailckbk/

Re questions: there is a sendmail newsgroup... I haven't used it on a while,
but it was very active and responsive last time I checked.

HTH,
Jay