Remote upgrade possible?

Tabor Kelly tkelly-freebsd-questions at taborandtashell.net
Thu Jan 6 20:26:44 PST 2005

Laurence Sanford wrote:
> Joseph Koenig (jWeb) wrote:

<snip>

> This is possible, however you are always taking a chance when you
> installworld without going to single user mode first. That said, I make
> a habit out of pushing my luck with systems I have in front of me by
> going so far as to make installworld while using an xterm in X-windows.

I routinely use 'portupgrade -rRN' in xterm, in X-Windows to install new
ports on my box. The second to last time I did this, one of the ports
what was upgraded was xterm. And it worked! Can anybody explain to my
why nothing bad happened? Am I running a risk when I do this?

--

Tabor Kelly
tkelly-freebsd-questions at taborandtashell.net
http://tabor.taborandtashell.net