Configuring POSTFIX to use mutiple email accounts

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Thu Jan 6 08:07:19 PST 2005

--On Thursday, January 06, 2005 05:25:12 AM -0500 Gerard Seibert
<gerard-seibert at rcn.com> wrote:

> I am trying to solicit some information on how to configure 'postfix'
> to accommodate multiple IP addresses.
>
> I have several email accounts. I use them for newsgroups, forums, etc.
> Most of the accounts use different 'SMTP' and 'POP' settings. However,
> in two cases, they use the same 'SMTP' and 'POP' addresses. I have not
> been able to find any definitive information on how to configure
> 'postfix' to handle this. I would appreciate it if someone could either
> direct me to a source of information that might prove useful, or provide
> me with some first hand knowledge of how this is accomplished.

This question makes no sense.  Postfix is an MTA.  It doesn't have anything
to do with how mail is read.  What exactly is it that you're trying to do?

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member