5.3 backup solution needed (non-SCSI)

J.D. Bronson jbronson at wixb.com
Thu Jan 6 05:33:07 PST 2005

I finally found the reason my 5.3 machine was randomly rebooting.
It is either the scsi HBA and/or the drive. Although the same exact
hardware runs any other OS fine :-/

well with that in mind, I am now all IDE and USB capable.
No more SCSI....so there went my tape backup solution.

I need to backup only about 4-5GB at once. My DDS SCSI drive handled that
fine...

Does anyone know of an IDE based solution -or- a USB backup solution?

This is a 1U rack server, so if I used IDE based, I would have to open the
machine and jury rigg it any time I needed to backup. I have dual standard
USB ports though, on the front of the server.

Any ideas will be appreciated !

  -JEFF