disk error or what ?

Omer Faruk Sen ofsen at enderunix.org
Thu Jan 6 01:21:32 PST 2005

Hi,

I have a scsi controller:

iir0: <Intel Integratd RAID Controller> mem 0xfc2f0000-0xfc2f3fff irq 20 at
device 8.0 on pci4

Yestarday I have taken this messages from my dmesg output:

iir0: SCSI-B, ID 0: last status 0x00000107. I/O status: SELECTION_TIMEOUT
iir0: SCSI-B, ID 0: Check cables, termination, termpower, LVDS operation,
etc.
iir0: Array Drive 0: Logical Drive 0 <SCSI-B, ID 0, LUN 0> failed
iir0: Array Drive 0: FAIL state entered
iir0: SCSI-B, ID 0: Auto Hot Plug started for slot 0
iir0: SCSI-B, ID 0: MPI returned 0x00000043
iir0: Bus B: The SCSI controller successfully recovered from a SCSI BUS
issue.  The issue may still be present on the BUS.  Check cables,
termination, termpower, LVDS operation, etc
iir0: SCSI-B, ID 0: MPI returned 0x00000048

I want to be sure that if I have understood right. It seems that Driver0 has
failed. But I want to be sure that that is correct. How can I verift that
Driver0 has the problem.

Omer Faruk Sen
http://www.EnderUNIX.ORG
Software Development Team @ Turkey
http://www.Faruk.NET
For Public key: http://www.enderunix.org/ofsen/ofsen.asc

First Turkish FreeBSD book is out! Go check it.
Duydunuz mu! Turkiye'nin ilk FreeBSD kitabi cikti.
http://www.acikkod.com/freebsd.php