Experience with Dell Inspiron 1150 laptop?

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jan 5 16:40:40 PST 2005

On Wednesday,  5 January 2005 at 11:20:31 -0600, Eric Schuele wrote:
> Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>> I'm thinking of buying a Dell Inspiron 1150 laptop.  I have a number
>> of Dells, and on the whole I'm happy, but I've had "issues" before.
>> Can anybody who has one of these machines (1150 only, please) tell me
>> good or bad things about it?  Have you been able to get the internal
>> wireless card to work?
>
> My point is... you may have to use the windows drivers with a wrapper to
> get it to work.

Yes, that was my suspicion as well, and one of the reasons for my
question.

> On the other hand... I've switched to an Atheros based miniPCI card
> which works quite well with 'device ath'. I can give you a link if
> your interested.

Thanks, but no.  I have wireless cards here.  I was wondering about
the onboard card.

> So you might dig around and try to find out positively whose card
> those miniPCI devices are.

That's what I'm trying to do, and also (if possible) get more details
about how to get them running.

Greg