Dumb OpenOffice install error

Simon Burke simon.burke at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 13:34:56 PST 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:56:28 -0600, Joshua Lokken
<joshua.lokken at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 20:52:16 +0000, Simon Burke <simon.burke at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:58:24 -0600, Joshua Lokken
> > <joshua.lokken at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > There's a thread on this list from yesterday that states plainly that
> > > OpenOffice does not build on FreeBSD 5.3:
> > >

> > > However, it does build on 4.11-STABLE.
> > >

> > I have OpenOffice 1.1.3 running on 5.3. All that i neded to get it to
> > build from ports was to install jdk14 before, as it tires to use the
> > linux java which doesnt work. Unless things have changed in the past
> > month or so??
> > --
> > Theres no place like ::1
>
> Not sure; I don't run 5.3; It was mentioned yesterday that, specifically,
> OpenOffice from the ports will not build on 5.3-STABLE.

I know that it can be a right pain to do, it took me a couple of days
to finally get it done but i managed it. I dont know if things have
changed now or will change with the java thing going on, but still
thta might be completly different.

I'm no sure but im pretty certain that openoffice2 doesnt work either.
Though i may be mistaken

--
Theres no place like ::1

Thanks,