broken port

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Wed Jan 5 13:27:27 PST 2005

On Jan 5, 2005, at 4:19 PM, Kiffin Gish wrote:
> Sometimes when I am trying to make something from the ports I get the
> message that the port is 'broken'.
>
> For example, while trying to build the enlightenment window manager.
>
> What does that mean and what can I do to get around it?

The BROKEN line in the port's Makefile ought to specify a reason why
the port is broken, but for more information consider:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/dads-
noinstall.html

If you figure out how to fix the problem with the port, submit your
changes via send-pr or discuss the matter with the port's maintainer
(or here on this mailing list).

--
-Chuck