install.cfg disklabel customization question

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Wed Jan 5 02:38:29 PST 2005

Curtis Almond wrote:

> Anyone know how to make /usr100 not mounted at boot time?

Edit /etc/fstab and add the 'noauto' flag to the appropriate line.
Something like this:

     /dev/ad0s2f   /usr100  ufs  rw,noauto  2   2

> Or even better....
> How can I create the ad0s2-4 (ad0s2f after boot) label but have
> sysinstall not newfs it during netboot?

You shouldn't need to recreate the disk or partition labels every time
you reboot, unless you are wiping and re-installing most of the disk
each time.

If you're using sysinstall(8) to do an automatic install as part of your
netboot process, then as far as I can tell, there's no way using the
scripted interface to tell it to create a UFS partition but not newfs or
mount it -- although that's easy enough using sysinstall interactively.

I'd be thinking more along the lines of ditching sysinstall(8) entirely
for that purpose and using fdisk(8), bsdlabel(8) and newfs(8) directly.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       8 Dane Court Manor
                                                       School Rd