phpMyAdmin on 5.3

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Wed Jan 5 02:12:30 PST 2005

Jim Pazarena wrote:
> phpMyAdmin is "marked as broken" on my 5.3 release.
>
> has it since been fixed? (I've never tried cvsup, but
> will if it will help me with phpMyAdmin).

Yes, it has been fixed, thank you very much. Update your ports tree
using cvsup to get the fixes.

You can look here:

     http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/databases/phpmyadmin/

or here:

     http://www.freshports.org/databases/phpmyadmin/

to see the current status of the port.

phpMyAdmin has not been 'marked as broken' since I've been maintaining
it.  However it has had a whole series of security alerts come out
against it in recent months, each of which have required the phpMyAdmin
team to make a corresponding series of point releases.  The phpMyAdmin
port is usually updated within a few days of the upstream update coming out.

Don't confuse 'BROKEN', which has a specific meaning in ports Makefiles
with the effects of portaudit(1).  That, if you've got it installed,
will prevent you from installing a port version with known
vulnerabilities unless you jump through the right hoops.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       8 Dane Court Manor
                                                       School Rd