Native 5.3 port of OpenOffice?

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Tue Jan 4 20:53:32 PST 2005

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 02:21:17PM -0600, Joshua Lokken wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:04:24 +0100, cpghost at cordula.ws
> <cpghost at cordula.ws> wrote:

[...]
> > I've tried to compile openoffice from scratch using the port (it worked
> > before), but this time it bombed near the end with a program 'lzip'
> > dumping core because it was fed a wrong package list (?). I tried to
> > track the problem down, but it was too deeply hidden within the OO
> > build process, so I finally gave up and fetched the binary package which
> > works perfectly. This was 2 weeks ago; perhaps OO compiles perfectly now?
>
> It does; at least, it did on Sunday afternoon ;)

Not on 5-STABLE it doesn't. The "lzip" build tool crashes a couple of
times during the build and the "make install" fails with:

	/usr/X11R6/bin/Xvfb :1001 -screen 0 800x600x24 > /dev/null 2>&1 & echo $! > /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-1.1/work/.Xvfb.pid
	./install: not found
	*** Error code 127

	Stop in /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-1.1.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>