Sudden reboots with ProLiant DL360 G3 and 5.3-RELEASE-p2

federico federico at michosa.com
Tue Jan 4 16:15:58 PST 2005

Hello, we have a ProLiant DL360 Generation 3 Server with 5.3-RELEASE-p2
installed.  The problem is that every now and then the server suddenly
reboots.

I had the problem from the first install.  At the beginning the server would
suddenly reboot during buildworld.  Then, in the BIOS I the changed the
Multi-Processor Specification Table Mode from Auto Set Table to Full Table
Mapped, and Buildworld was able to finish successfully. I tried the other
MPS settings, updating to the latest BIOS of the serve, loading FreeBSD with
ACPI disabled, but the problem continues.  Nothing is logged prior the every
reboot, so I have no clue as to what might be causing the problem.

We bought two identical servers at the same time.  The other does not have
any problems.

HP help support is not very good and FreeBSD is not among their supported
operating systems for this server, so could anybody please help?  Please let
me know what kind of information would be useful to troubleshot this
problem, I will produce it.

Thank you very much.

federico