Supermicro Hardware and FreeBSD

Boris Spirialitious hardcodeharry at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 15:24:33 PST 2005

None of the new Supermicro hardware I've tried works with Freebsd 4.10 properly. I've seen that this has been reported by others. They are all based on the 7520 and 7530 Intel chips. 5.3 works ok, but a 3.4/800 processor on 5.3 is slower than a 3.06/533  processor on our old 7502 chipset based system with 4.9. What can be done? Will OpenBSD have the same problem? I really want to use FreeBSD.

Boris